Everyone understand why, in warm places, air conditioners work hard all day. This is why maintaining HVAC and ensuring that it is working efficiently is such a critical task. If you have air conditioning in your home or business, then having an HVAC maintenance checklist is a must.
Sleeping is very hard when you are sweating and a very high temperature could negatively affect the mood –making people a little bit irritable. Air conditioners are a “must-have” in weathers or situations like this. It can last long if you treat it right, having it regularly inspected, cleaned, or maintained will let you taste its full life expectancy and provide you with the right function. It would be great for your HVAC to be checked regularly at least twice a year.
In making checklist, there are a lot of things to bear in mind such as:
- The Condition of your HVAC – Affects the frequency of the maintenance; It goes with the question “is it already damaged or still good as new?”
- The age – Knowing whether your AC is a new or an old model since some brands have particular maintenance tasks.
- If possible, try lowering your AC’s energy consumption
- Inspect the air filter and replace it at least every 90 days or maybe only once each season.
There are a lot of types of checklists, here is an example:
DIY HVAC Maintenance Checklist,
- External unit cleaning – don’t forget to inspect for any faults or damages
- Don’t forget to turn off the power unit – either removing the breaker or just pressing the switch
- Make sure that your surroundings are debris free
- Don’t miss out cleaning the gunk and dirt in the fins (try scraping if it cannot be removed; clean it inside out too)
- Clean the condenser fan
- Remove deposits from the evaporator coil and clean the evaporator drain
- Change blower filter
If you want to leave it to the professionals then you should require an inspection and maintenance, let them take note of any electrical issues, and check the compressor short cycling.
People must realize that routine maintenance is just as crucial for their HVAC system as it is for their car. Don’t hesitate to give time and effort in making your air-conditioner well maintained since it can extend the life span of your system, minimize utility bills, and prevents the likelihood of HVAC disasters when you need your heater and air conditioner most.